Top 10 Tuesday: Books i’d like to see made into moviesApril 12, 2011
Welcome back to another edition of Top 10 Tuesday, brought you to, as always, by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week, my top 10 (that i thought of off the top of my head) books i’d like to see made into movies – IF they wouldn’t completely ruin the book.
1. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart If you’ve read this book, i don’t even need to explain.
2. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (Don’t we all want to see Hold Me Closer actually brought to fruition?)
3. Dramarama by E. Lockhart (only as i typed that did i realize that i chose 2 books by the same author, oh well) musical theatre! camp! coming of age! These are the things that make dinosaurs happy!
4. Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie They already made a movie based on some of his short stories ( Smoke Signals)
and i actually really really love it. However, this one would be a much bigger responsibility because i wouldn’t want to lose ANYTHING from it and there is so much little stuff that he sneaks in.
5. Going Bovine by Libba Bray Can you imagine actually being able to watch Cameron and Gonzo and Balder? Pure bliss.
6. Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson i debated over some of her other books but i really think this one would translate well. And yeah, it has theatre elements to it so of course i’m a little biased.
7. Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (Lyle the Crocodile) by Bernard Waber i love Lyle so much, i can see this as an awesome kid’s movie.
8. Luna by Julie Anne Peters This would be such a beautiful and important movie.
10. My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and Fenway Park by Steve Kluger This book is nothing short of awesome.
Okay, until next week lovelies but until then i want to hear what books you think should be made into movies. . . go on tell me.