Top 10 Tuesday: Characters i’d want as family membersMarch 15, 2011
As you know Top 10 Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish
i challenged myself this week to find characters or books i don’t talk about ALL THE TIME (but i should because i love them so.)
After looking at my list i realized that all of my characters are kids/teenagers. i think this has something to do with the fact that i have NO extended family. i’m an only child. Both of my parents are only children. That means i have no brothers or sisters, no aunts or uncles and no cousins. i’ve really only ever known one grandparent (and she’s amazing, sometime i should just blog about my grandma because she’s so kick ass) so the concept of family reunions was foreign to me growing up. There were no kids in my neighborhood so i was happy to go to daycare and school because at least there was someone around.
ANYWAY, i think this list is me crying out for siblings and cousins.
In no particular order.
1. Ramona from the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary
2. Any of the four from The View From Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg (seriously if you haven’t read this book, do it right now)
3. Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
4. Laura from the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
5. Marjane from the Persepolis books by Marjane Satrapi
6. Cecil from Cecil in Space by Sid Hite
7. Dimple from Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier
9. Amelia from the Amelia series by Marissa Moss
10. Molly from the Molly series of American Girl books by Valerie Tripp
and another because i can
11. Pippi from the Pippi Longstocking books by Astrid Lindgren