Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books i Wish i’d Read as a KidJanuary 25, 2011
Welcome back to another Top 10 Tuesday. . .as always brought to you by the lovely folks over at The Broke and the Bookish
This week: top 10 books i wish i’d read as a kid. i limited myself to books that would have been around when i was a kid because otherwise my list could have been endless.
i’m leaving these without explanation this time because i think they are sort of self explanatory classics. (and yes, i have read some of these since but not as many as i’d like. . . so i’m going to try to get on that.)
As always, in no particular order
1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
3.Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4. Any of the Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene
5. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
6. The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
8. The Eloise books by Kay Thompson
9. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien
10. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
This is little me reading about dinosaurs instead of reading any of these lovely classics.