End of 2010 Survey Part 2 (more random thoughts)January 1, 2011
Time for part 2 of Jamie’s End of 2010 Survey. This part has to do with blogging so you might not get away so short and sweet (shortly and sweetly? that just sounds dumb) this time.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010? Almost all of them. i just started (well, it existed before but in different form) my blog this year and in doing so i discovered a lot of great blogs. Ones i always look forward to seeing pop up on my RSS reader: Reclusive Bibliophile, The Story Siren, The Broke and the Bookish, and YA Bibliophile just to name a few. i’m always a fan of finding new blogs though so throw them at me so i can pile them on my reader.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? Sprout i didn’t write many reviews (definitely something i want to change for 2011) but Sprout was my very first one and i was so excited about writing it and i had fun doing it.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog? i don’t have many readers right now so there wasn’t a lot of discussion for me. i want to change that. But i will say that i found that people i never thought would read my blog did and enjoyed it and it made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Finding out things like that makes me want to keep blogging even when i feel like the world is going crazy and i should give it up and do something more productive or important or whatever. It’s nice to be able to take that step back and realize that however small it is when i blog it is something.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog? i think this post over at Reclusive Bibliophile sums it up. Not just that post but the entire list of posts linked. Looking at that still gives me goosebumps.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? i’ve only recently started to make myself buckle down and become a joiner so i don’t have a lot to go off of but i’ve loved doing The Broke and the Bookish ‘s Top 10 Tuesday. And i love love love helping Melanie out with her If you like. . . posts (sad because i haven’t been able to help with the last couple as i’ve never seen 24 and i haven’t read Anna and the French Kiss. . .YET)
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010? All of them. Since i just started it has been an adventure and i’ve loved it all. It’s been great starting to “meet” some new people because i’m usually so anti-social. . . okay not really but i am awkward and quiet and don’t do well meeting people. It’s nice to start to find a place in a community that is so like-minded. Oh and this wasn’t too bad either —-> after posting about the craziness with Ellen Hopkins i got this in my twitter feed. . . i felt like i was walking on air.
7. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.) Again, i’m still learning but i have to say my absolute best discovery was my library. Don’t get me wrong i’ve been to the library before but i moved this year so one of the first things i did was find my new library and get a card and i’ve been exploring ever since. i have to say i’ve been thoroughly impressed the branches look small but every single time i’ve found an armful of books that i’ve really wanted to read.