End of 2010 Survey (and random thoughts, i’m sure)December 31, 2010
Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-turner came up with this lovely end of 2010 survey so i’m going to fill it out because i think it’s awesome. i’ll try to get part 2 out tomorrow so we can have a full New Year’s experience.
1. Best book of 2010? Bah, i had a hard enough time choosing my top 10. i’m going to say Will Grayson, Will Grayson or Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares. i know, i know, both of them have Levithan writing but both of them ran me through such a full range of emotions and stuck with me after i was finished. Both were books i wanted to just begin reading again immediately after finishing. And Will Grayson, Will Grayson (since i don’t own it yet) is one i pick up any time i see it at the library to read again.
2. Worst book of 2010? i know other people have bowed out of this question, but i guess i understand it more as worst book for me, personally. i know there are people out there who will roll their eyes, but for me it was the Twilight books. i read all of them this year because i wanted to give them a chance and i know people who are crazy about them. Definitely. Not. For. Me.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? i think it would have to be moose by Stephanie Klein. Don’t get me wrong there were parts i really liked about the book but overall i was disappointed mostly because i felt like there needed to be more of a conclusion or a lesson or something (and i realize that’s harder to do in a memoir if there really isn’t one) but there was just something about it that rubbed me the wrong way.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? King of the Screwups by K.L. Going. i picked it up at the library because i was frustrated with myself for always thinking of King Dork when i saw it and thought i might as well read it. It ended up being one of my favorites of the year. (Those Printz people really know what they’re talking about)
6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Hunger Games (actually one of the only series i read but i loved it)
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? If we’re talking thrilling i’m going to go with Going Bovine.
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Will Grayson, Will Grayson
12. Most memorable character in 2010? Ooh, tough. Tiny Cooper, Katniss, Sprout, Dash.
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? Going to have to go with Wintergirls
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Wintergirls, I Still Dream About You, Will Grayson, Will Grayson, Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, The Cardturner, North of Beautiful
15. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? Going Bovine. . .what in the world was i thinking.
until tomorrow. . . .